The City of Bangor Parks and Recreation Dept. is hiring lifeguards positions for our two outdoor pools. Our ideal candidate would be someone who is:
· A Good Swimmer · Energetic and Enthusiastic
· Motivated · A Problem Solver
· Coachable · A Team Player
· Positive Attitude · Engaging with Kids and Parents
This position is responsible for some planning and organization of swim programs, instruction and leadership of aquatic activities, and overall supervision of children and adults at the pools. This position is a seasonal position running from the middle of June through August.
· All lifeguards must hold a current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED and First Aid certification prior to the start of the season.
· Lifeguards are required to be proficient swimmers, be comfortable in the water and assist in lifting a person.
· Must be able to follow and give directions, be a quick thinker and use good safety awareness and judgement while remaining pleasant and professional.
· Must also be mentally alert to dangerous situations to ensure the safety of all patrons and swimmers.
· All pre-season trainings are mandatory.
Pay range $11.00-$12.00/hour. Flexible hours between 8:30AM – 8:30PM Monday – Sunday. We are accepting applications starting in March until mid-June or until all positions are filled.
If you love working around water and with the public and feel you possess the above qualities, we encourage you to apply by downloading the City of Bangor Application (www.bangormaine.gov/employ) and mail with a copy of your resume (optional) to:
Bangor Parks and Recreation
647 Main Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Or email application to: