Community Connector / Bus
The mission of
Community Connector is to meet the transportation needs for the residents of Bangor, Brewer, Hampden, Veazie, Orono, Old Town, and University of Maine.The service will provide reasonable schedules
in a safe and reliable manner to the extent permitted by financial and
To accomplish this mission, the Bus Division is committed to:
- Providing professional bus drivers trained in customer service and sensitive to a variety of passenger needs.
- Providing the public with a clean fleet of buses and the highest level of passenger comfort.
- Maintaining reasonable time schedules that allow for the highest level of service possible.
- Maintaining public awareness through effective and timely communication.
The Community Connector is a fixed route public transit system operated by the City of Bangor for the communities of the Greater Bangor Urbanized Area. These include Bangor, Brewer, Veazie, Orono, Old Town, and Hampden. The bus also provides service to Husson University, NESCOM (New England School of Communications), Eastern Maine Community College and the University of Maine. The City of Bangor supplies service to these communities on a contractual basis. Our base of operation is 481 Maine Avenue, Bangor, Maine 04401. The City of Bangor has been operating public transportation since December 1972.
The Community Connector operates within the urbanized area of the six member communities. The routes are within walking distance of 75% of the population of the six communities. The service area covers 103 miles of roadway (measured one-way only).
- Spring is in the Air! Did you know that all transit buses can accommodate up to 2 bikes? Plan your bike rides around town and if you need a quick ride, take the Community Connector!
- The Community Connector will not be operating on Memorial Day, Monday May 27th.