A FREE paint drop-off event for households and businesses in the Bangor area is planned for Saturday, October 10th at Bangor Public Works (530 Maine Ave.) from 9 AM to 1 PM. In addition, residents will be able to drop off certain types of electronic waste as well.
INFORMATION ABOUT PAINT DISPOSAL:
The event will be held rain or shine and most types of paint, stain and varnish will be accepted. Business that generate less then 220 pounds (20-30 gallons) of hazardous waste per month may bring in any amount of latex or oil-based paint. Businesses that generate more than 220 pounds of hazardous waste per month may bring in any amount of latex paint, but they cannot bring oil-based paint to this event.
Acceptable paint products include:
- House paint and primers (latex or oil-based)*
- Deck and concrete sealers*
- Clear finishes (ex: varnishes, shellac)*
* ALL PRODUCTS MUST BE IN THEIR CONTAINERS WITH ORIGINAL LABELS INTACT.
The following products will not be accepted at this event:
- No leaking, unlabeled or empty containers
- No aerosol spray paints
- No drums or containers larger than 5 gallons
We cannot accept other hazardous waste or chemicals, such as paint thinner, solvents, glue, etc.
INFORMATION ABOUT ELECTRONICS WASTE DISPOSAL:
Accepting the following Electronic and Other Universal waste
- Computer Monitors
- Desktop Printers
- Digital Picture Frames
- Game Consoles
- Computers & Periphery
- Network Equipment
- Cell Phones
- Mercury Thermostats
- Batteries (all types except Alkaline)
Sponsored by: Electronics End, LLC