City Councilors and Superintending School Committee members are elected at-large for three-year terms. Anyone interested in becoming a candidate must collect signatures from registered voters in Bangor through a petition process.
For the November 2021 Election there are 3 City Council seats and 2 School Committee seats open.
Nomination Petitions for City Council and School Committee
MAY BE TAKEN OUT:
August 4, 2021 (90 days before Election Day)
MAY BE RETURNED:
No Sooner Than:
August 16, 2021 (80 Days before Election Day)
No Later Than:
September 3, 2021 (60 Days before Election Day)
IF YOU ARE A PETITION CIRCULATOR YOU MUST:
1. Be a REGISTERED VOTER of the City of Bangor
2. Personally witness each signature signed on Petition and Attest to that fact IN THE PRESENCE OF A NOTARY PUBLIC (on the reverse side of each petition, before filing with the clerk)
3. Be aware that the only valid signature is from a voter that is Registered to Vote in Bangor
4. Be aware that a Voter may sign only once for each candidate, and may only sign for as many candidates as there are positions available (1 council vacancy = 1 candidate that voter can sign a petition for)
5. Return individual sheets for verification between August 16th & September 3rd.
73 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
First floor, City Hall
Monday – Friday; 8AM – 4:30 PM