Whether you are a business interested in starting a location in Bangor, a new business looking to find that first place of your own, or a business already in Bangor that needs help expanding or retooling your business, City Hall is the first call to make.
Bangor is the service center for northern and eastern Maine, and has grown enormously as a destination in the last few years. Businesses flock to Bangor because of our proximity to customers, infrastructure, and workforce. In order to assist businesses with the process of locating in Bangor, we have a staff with decades of experience in the private sector and in economic development.
From the first steps of identifying your business goals to a comprehensive site location intake process, our team will walk you through the City departments needed to accomplish your objectives. Our goal is to be a one-stop shop for your business. We do more than ribbon cuttings – we are with you every step of the way.
The primary services delivered by our staff are:
- Site search assistance and evaluation of locations
- Assistance with business counseling and identification of partner resources to help you grow and strengthen your business
- Representation and management of City-owned land and buildings available for sale or lease
- Business attraction through marketing and promotion efforts
- Coordination with other City departments to resolve any issues affecting your business
- Administration of City incentives, including Community Development Block Grant loan programs and municipal tax increment financing (TIF)
Contact the Economic Development department as the first step in your business project, and let our staff help you be part of the exciting growth that Bangor is experiencing!
73 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Second floor, City Hall
Staff available by appointment
Or via phone or email
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.