AUTOMOTIVE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN- FLEET SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Are you looking for a job with stability, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and genuine work-life balance? If this sounds interesting, the City of Bangor Fleet Services Department may have just the opportunity you have been looking for!
The City of Bangor Fleet Services Department is seeking qualified applicants to fill an opening for an Automotive Light & Heavy Equipment Technician. The successful candidate will provide diagnosis, repair and maintenance for city-owned mobile assets. We are looking for candidates with experience in mechanical repair as well as drivability and electrical diagnosis, repair of light duty vehicles as well as heavy trucks and equipment. A class A CDL (commercial driver’s license) and commercial inspection license is preferred, but we will provide the necessary vehicles and training to help the right candidate acquire them. Candidate will need a set of professional hand tools and the city will provide any specialty tools needed and hand tools over ½ inch drive.
In this position you will expand your training on current technology, concepts and techniques. You will be provided the diagnostic tools and equipment needed to help you grow and be the best technician you can be. If you have a strong background in light duty automotive repair, we will train you for heavy trucks and equipment. If you have a strong background in heavy duty trucks and equipment, we will train you for light duty vehicles.
If you are the type of individual who enjoys a challenge and likes to diagnose and repair many different types of vehicles and equipment, you will be right at home with the City of Bangor Fleet Services Department. We repair everything from police cruisers, dump trucks, 9 foot snow blowers, front end loaders, sidewalk tractors, paving equipment and much more!
The benefits of working for the City of Bangor include:
• Competitive Pay: The salary range for this position, without a CDL and Commercial Inspection License is $19.31 - $25.31 per hour. Hourly rate goes up from there for candidates applying with the required Class A CDL and Commercial Inspection licenses:
o With a Class A CDL Only the hourly rate is $19.62 – $25.63 per hour
o With both a Class A CDL and a Commercial Inspection License the hourly rate is $19.92 – $25.95
• Paid Vacations – up to 2 weeks in the first year
• Paid Holidays – 12 paid holidays/year
• Sick days – up to 15 paid sick days/year
• Bonus Days – can earn bonus days for not-using sick time
• Paid jury duty
• Up to 2 wks/yr paid training for National Guard or Armed Forces Reserve members
• Defined Contribution retirement plan with generous contribution component
• Additional deferred contribution plan to invest for retirement
• Multiple Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options available. City pays up to 80% of medical plan premiums
• Paid Long Term Disability coverage
• Schedule: Employees usually work Mon – Fri 6:30am to 3:00pm. In an emergency you may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays with paid overtime
• Paid training to acquire required licenses
• Paid educational opportunities may be available for the right candidate
• We provide any specialty tools needed and hand tools over ½ inch drive
• We provide uniforms and pay for 75% of uniform cleaning
• Paid annual boot allowance of $205
• Paid annual tool allowance of $400
• We supply all Personal Protective Equipment
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for you can download an application at bangormaine.gov/employ. The application can be printed and filled out or can be filled out and saved electronically.
Applications and resumes must be received at the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401 or may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open to applications until filled.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Bangor!
Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY