The City of Bangor Parks and Recreation Dept. is looking to hire a seasonal Supervisor for our two outdoor pools. Our ideal candidate would be someone who is:
• A Swimmer • Energetic and Enthusiastic
• Motivated • A Problem Solver
• Organized • A Team Player
• Positive • Engaging with Kids and Parents
This position is responsible for planning and organization of a recreational swim lessons program, instruction and leadership of aquatic activities, supervision, scheduling and assisting in training of all lifeguards. This position is a seasonal position running from the middle of June through August.
• Must hold a current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED and First Aid certification prior to the start of the season.
• Required to be a proficient swimmer, be comfortable in the water and assist in lifting a person.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be able to follow and give directions, be a quick thinker and use good safety awareness and judgement while remaining pleasant and professional.
• Must also be mentally alert to dangerous situations to ensure the safety of all patrons and swimmers.
• All pre-season trainings are mandatory.
Pay range is $13.00-$14.00/hour. Flexible hours between 8:30AM – 8:30PM Monday – Sunday. We are accepting applications starting in April until mid-June or until the position is filled.
If you love working around water and with the public and feel you possess the above qualities, we encourage you to apply by downloading the City of Bangor Application (bangormaine.gov/employ) and mail with a copy of your resume (optional) to:
Bangor Parks and Recreation
647 Main Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Or email application to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY