DOWNTOWN BANGOR CUSTODIAN/LABORER
The City of Bangor Public Works Department needs help maintaining the downtown business district, a little less than 0.25 sq. miles in area. The Downtown Bangor Custodian/Laborer is responsible for ensuring that downtown employees, visitors, and residents have an enjoyable experience. Custodian keeps the sidewalks, curbs, and public areas clean, free of litter, stains, graffiti, odor, and other forms of debris. Responsibilities will include basic city property maintenance, clearing snow, spreading sand/salt, and basic landscaping/plant watering.
The right candidate will proactively identify improvement opportunities, be able to handle walking and working outside year-round, complete their duties without direct supervision, appreciate a full day of physical labor, and take pride in a job well done. Residents and visitors may see your uniform and approach you for help with directions or their infrastructure questions so friendly, courteous communication is a must – after all we are here to serve!
The City of Bangor offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a professional, experienced team that adeptly handles all the behind-the-scenes operations and maintenance work that makes our city run smoothly.
Take a look at some of the things we offer:
• Competitive Pay: Compensation for this position starts at $13.38 and goes up from there.
o Pay may be adjusted for cost-of-living annually, as warranted
o You are also eligible for up to a 5% annual merit increase until you reach the top step of your pay range
• Paid Vacations – up to 2 weeks in the first year
• Paid Holidays – 12 paid holidays/year
• Sick days – up to 15 paid sick days/year
• Bonus Days – can earn bonus days for not-using sick time
• Paid jury duty
• Up to 2 weeks/yr paid training for National Guard or Armed Forces Reserve members
• Defined Contribution retirement plan with generous contribution component
• Additional deferred contribution plan to invest for retirement
• Multiple Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options available. City pays up to 80% of medical plan premiums.
• Paid Long Term Disability coverage
• Monday through Friday work schedule, 6:30 am – 3:00 pm (your afternoons are freed up!)
• Generous boot allowance
• 75% of uniform costs covered by city
• We supply your tools, equipment, and Personal Protective Equipment
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for you, please apply by downloading an application at bangormaine.gov/employ. The application can be printed and filled out or can be filled out and saved electronically. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401 or via email to email@example.com. This position will remain open to applications until filled. Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Bangor!
Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY