POLICE DEPARTMENT CLERK
The City of Bangor Police Department is looking for a qualified person to fill an opening for a Clerk position. This is an exciting opportunity to support your local law enforcement and community by performing duties such as:
• Data entry responsibilities with vital information such as: arrest reports, criminal/civil reports, criminal/traffic citations, grand jury indictments and entries related to court actions, juvenile offenses, and firearms permits.
• Answering the telephone and assisting callers with access to police reports and other recorded materials deemed appropriate for release.
• Greeting customers and visitors at the police station providing assistance. This may involve the ability to problem solve, provide assistance, and direct persons as necessary who present at the police department lobby window.
• Creating files and maintaining a record system currently in use.
• Assisting requesting agencies with criminal history information which often requires researching files, reports and other forms or police recording(s).
• Corresponding with insurance companies, billing agencies and other related firms that periodically make requests for police reports.
The right candidate must have ability to type with speed and accuracy and operate standard office equipment, including computer, printer, copier, calculator and telephone; possess significant knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel; must be able to apply that knowledge and work well in a demanding position that requires multi-tasking abilities and flexibility; must have the ability and motivation to maintain accurate record keeping and the willingness to complete tasks within a practical amount of time; must have the ability and willingness to work with other staff and the enthusiasm to assist others as needed; must be able to prepare and maintain accurate records and files and have excellent organizational skills; must be focused on customer service; and must be able to complete tasks with an understanding that he/she may be exposed to, privileged to or read/hear confidential information as it relates to police services or police information.
The City of Bangor offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a professional, experienced team. Take a look at some of the things we offer:
• Compensation for this position is $16.07 - $ 19.24 per hour
• Paid Vacations – up to 2 weeks in the first year
• Paid Holidays – 12 paid holidays/year
• Sick days – up to 15 paid sick days/year
• Bonus Days – can earn bonus days for not-using sick time
• Paid jury duty
• Up to 2 weeks/yr paid training for National Guard or Armed Forces Reserve members
• Defined Contribution retirement plan with generous employer contribution component
• Additional deferred contribution plan to invest for retirement
• Multiple Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options available. City pays up to 80% of medical plan premiums.
• Paid Long Term Disability coverage
• Stable 40 hour/week work schedule in professional, team-focused environment
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for you, please apply by submitting a City of Bangor application by May 26, 2021. You can download an application at bangormaine.gov/employ. The application can be printed and filled out or can be filled out and saved electronically. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Bangor!
Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY