Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (HEOI)
The City of Bangor Public Works Department is seeking qualified team members! If you are looking for a job with stability, comprehensive benefits, and the sense of satisfaction that comes from providing service to approximately 31,000 residents and 20,000 daily visitors, then we have just the job for you!
The City of Bangor Public Works Department provides extensive infrastructure support to the residents of Bangor, including maintaining approximately 300 lane miles of streets and 140 miles of sidewalks. We dig holes, bury pipes and basins, pave sidewalks, maintain street signs, paint lines, sweep, plow, salt, and remove snow, among many, many other tasks in support of City of Bangor operations. The incumbent must hold, at a minimum, a State of Maine Class B license, as they will operate a plow/salt/sand/dump truck and various heavy equipment to accomplish the above work.
The City of Bangor offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a professional, experienced team that adeptly handles all the behind-the-scenes operations and maintenance work that makes our city run smoothly.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Compensation starting at $19.26/hr with annual increases based on merit (up to 5%) AND yearly adjustments based on collective bargaining agreement. More details below.
- Additional hourly stipend pay may be available for Class A license, Arborist license, Pesticide license, Professional Loggers certificate, and Welders License
- Paid vacation days – up to 2 weeks in the first year
- Comp Time – Overtime can be converted to comp time for up to 80 additional hours paid time off
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays/year
- Sick days – up to 15 paid sick days/year
- Bonus Days – can earn two bonus days off each year if you don’t use sick time
- Nine percent (9%) City retirement contribution (ask about our plan(s))
- Multiple Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options available. City pays up to 80% of medical plan premiums.
- Paid Long Term Disability coverage
- We supply your tools, equipment, and Personal Protective Equipment with a generous boot allowance, and 75% of uniform costs are covered by the City
Public Works wages have recently increased! A Class B license with verifiable experience can earn a starting wage of $19.26/hr. Do you also have experience operating light and heavy equipment? Your experience on construction equipment and practices may qualify you for a starting wage up to $22.31/hr.
Additionally, we offer:
A FOUR-day Summer work schedule – either Mon-Thu or Tue-Fri. Enjoy three day weekends all summer long!
Monday through Friday work schedule in the Fall, Winter, and Spring is 6:30 am – 3:00 pm, so you can enjoy much of your afternoon off during the week!
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for you can download an application at https://www.bangormaine.gov/employ. The application can be printed and filled out or can be filled out and saved electronically.
Equal opportunity employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY