The City of Bangor is looking for a dedicated employee to fill our PM Broadcast Technician position. The ideal candidate will be able to monitor and capture footage of the City’s weekly committee meetings in Council Chambers. This candidate will be an integral part of our mission to provide committee meeting information to the public. This is a part time position. Week night availability is a must. You will generally not be required to work on Friday or weekend evenings.
Some of the Responsibilities of the Position Include:
- Select, assemble and position equipment (camera, microphones, broadcast software etc.)
- Prepare camera and test software before committee meetings.
- Resolve technical or practical issues during meetings.
- Store captured meeting footage in the proper folder.
- Work with committees to facilitate public comment via Zoom.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Requirements and Skills:
- Experience in operating relevant equipment (cameras, Zoom.)
- Ability to understand and follow direction.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think and act quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge in broadcast media or relevant field is a plus.
The current pay range is $12.75 to $17.13 per hour and it is estimated this position will average 6 to 8 hours of work on a weekly basis.
Applications and resumes must be received at the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401 or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER