Part Time Ramp Attendant
The City of Bangor, Airport Department is currently seeking responsible and dependable individuals for the position of part-time Ramp Attendant for its Ramp Services Division. The primary responsibility will be attending to the daily mail cargo offloading and uploading operation. Secondary duties will include servicing a variety of aviation aircraft. The individual must be able to perform duties according to general and specialized instructions provided by the Ramp Supervisors. Moderate to heavy physical exertion is required.
• Directing cargo aircraft into parking position
• Operate specialized equipment to offload and load mail cargo
• Load mail cargo into tractor trailer truck
• Dispatch cargo aircraft
• Directs and parks general aviation and commercial aircraft by means of hand signals.
• Dispatches general aviation and commercial aircraft by means of pushback and hand signals.
• Refuels/De-fuels a variety of aircraft.
• De-ices a variety of aircraft
• Receives cash and credit card payments and completes the necessary sales receipts and other documents.
• Prepares and maintains daily log for all transactions as assigned.
• Responsible for the accurate completion of all fuel receipts.
• Performs daily checks on fuel trucks and equipment to ensure proper fluid levels and mechanical functions.
• Performs minor mechanical repairs.
• Stocks fuel trucks with fueling tickets, prist and oils daily.
• Periodically performs general maintenance and cleaning of fuel trucks and various related equipment.
• Cleans and services aircraft with trash removal, lavatory and water services and unloading/loading baggage and cargo as assigned.
• Periodically sweeps hangars, removes snow and ice from hangar rails and performs minor snow removal by means of shovel and plow.
• Performs related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Congenial, cooperative personality with a customer-oriented attitude.
• Familiar with materials and equipment used in aircraft servicing.
• Ability to recognize aircraft types and their servicing requirements.
• Ability to operate airport vehicles and equipment.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate fuel records and documents and ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
• Able to pass a ten-year background check, and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Education and Experience:
• Valid State of Maine driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• High school, G.E.D. or Vocational School graduate.
• Incumbent is responsible for servicing aviation aircraft and works independently making decisions and taking action to achieve desired results.
• Performs duties according to general and specialized instructions from supervisors, shift leads and applicable Federal regulations.
• Care and skill are required to protect aircraft and equipment to ensure safety to themselves and others.
• Reports directly to Ramp Supervisor.
• Moderate physical exertion is regularly expended by incumbent in the maneuvering and servicing general of cargo, aviation and commercial aircraft including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing and pulling and climbing.
• Incumbent performs duties both in and out-of-doors in varying weather conditions, and is frequently exposed to excessive noise, fuel fumes. Safety precautions must be observed at all times to ensure personnel safety and the safety of others.
This position requires the candidate to pass a fingerprint based criminal history check. Bangor International Airport complies with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) drug and alcohol testing policy.
The salary range is $17.85 - $23.96 per hour.
A City of Bangor application is required and may be obtained online at bangormaine.gov/employ or in person at Bangor City Hall, located at 73 Harlow St. in Bangor. Application materials may be submitted directly to Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by mail to: Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401; or dropped off in person at Bangor City Hall. This position will remain open to applications until filled. Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Bangor!
Equal opportunity employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY