The City of Bangor Parks and Recreation Dept. is looking to hire a seasonal Supervisor for our two outdoor pools. Our ideal candidate would be someone who is:
- A Swimmer
- Energetic and Enthusiastic
- A Problem Solver
- A Team Player
- Engaging with Kids and Parents
This position is responsible for planning and organization of a recreational swim lessons program, instruction and leadership of aquatic activities, supervision, scheduling and assisting in training of all lifeguards. This position is a seasonal position running from the middle of June through August.
- Must hold a current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR, AED and First Aid certification prior to the start of the season.
- Required to be a proficient swimmer, be comfortable in the water and assist in lifting a person.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to follow and give directions, be a quick thinker and use good safety awareness and judgement while remaining pleasant and professional.
- Must also be mentally alert to dangerous situations to ensure the safety of all patrons and swimmers.
- All pre-season trainings are mandatory.
Pay beginning at $15.98/hour. Flexible hours between 8:30AM – 8:30PM Monday – Sunday. We are accepting applications starting in April until mid-June or until the position is filled.
If you love working around water and with the public and feel you possess the above qualities, we encourage you to apply at:
City of Bangor - Application for Employment (Page 1 of 7) (office.com)
Questions can be directed to:
Bangor Parks and Recreation
647 Main Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Or email application to: