6/30/2021 - 2021 4th of July Parade and related road closure details
The annual 4th of July Parade, organized by the Greater Bangor 4th of July Corporation, will begin at 10am on Sunday- immediately following the 9:45am start of the 40th Annual Walter Hunt Memorial 4th of July 3K.
The parade begins on Wilson Street in Brewer. The route crosses the Joshua Chamberlain Bridge into Bangor, then proceeds on Main Street through downtown past West Market Square, before ending on Exchange Street.
Downtown traffic will be restricted along the parade route. Detours will be in place in on certain streets. The parade route will be closed to all traffic at 9:30am.
• The Joshua Chamberlain Bridge will be closed to all traffic
• Main Street inbound traffic will be diverted onto Cedar Street at Main and Cedar
• State Street will be closed to downtown bound traffic at State and Broadway
• Inbound Union Street traffic will be detoured onto First Street
• Hammond Street will be closed at Franklin Street
• Water Street will be closed at Main Street
• Cross Street will be closed at Main Street
The fireworks show will start at 9:30pm. The Joshua Chamberlain Bridge will be closed to vehicles from 7:00PM to approximately 10:30pm, but the Greater Bangor 4th of July Corporation will allow those who wish to view the fireworks from the bridge the opportunity to do so for a donation of $1 per person. The fireworks will be launched from a barge in the Penobscot River in the Dunnetts Cove area. Boaters viewing from the river will be required to maintain a 400’ distance from the barge.
Have a safe and happy Independence Day in the City of Bangor!