Community Connector Fixed Route Public Transit System
The Community Connector will not operate on Thanksgiving Day. Buses will run on Friday, Nov. 27, and Sat. Nov. 28.
***EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY to DECEMBER 31, 2020** Due to Driver Shortage
- CAPEHART will operate SATURDAY SERVICE every day until DEC 30th. ONLY 2 buses will operate daily service. - Click here for temporary schedule
- Black Bear Orono Express ENDS - Nov 25, 2020 for the semester. The start date for January 2021 will be announced soon.
IMPORTANT SERVICE CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
- Passengers are required to wear a face covering, unless a qualifying medical reason prohibits the use of one. Examples of face coverings include: masks, bandanas, scarves, and other materials that cover your mouth and nose.
- Front door boarding, and rear door exiting.
- Buy passes and tickets at local vendors (call ahead for hours and face covering requirements):
- City Hall, Bangor
- City Hall, Old Town
- Town Office, Orono
- Town Office, Veazie
- Hannaford: Airport Mall, Bangor Mall Blvd., Broadway, Hampden, Old Town, Brewer
- Leadbetters H/O
- Paradis Brewer
- Fairmount Market
- Joe's Market
- Orono IGA
- Pickering Square vending machine
Administration offices are open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please follow the Governor's order regarding the use of face coverings when visiting. Please call 207-992-4670 with any questions.
Route Information / Schedules
PLEASE NOTE: Drivers CANNOT make change. Please have exact fare.
| Single Ride
| Half Fare
| Children's Fare
| Five Ride Ticket
| Monthly Pass
| Student Monthly Pass
| w/University of Maine ID
| w/EMCC ID
| w/Husson/NESCOM ID
| w/Beal ID
| w/UMA Bangor ID
| w/Senior / Disable Pass
About the Community Connector
The Community Connector is a fixed route public transit system operated by the City of Bangor for the communities of the Greater Bangor Urbanized Area. These include Bangor, Brewer, Veazie, Orono, Old Town, and Hampden. The bus also provides service to Husson University, NESCOM (New England School of Communications), Eastern Maine Community College and the University of Maine. The City of Bangor supplies service to these communities on a contractual basis. Our base of operation is 475 Maine Avenue, Bangor, Maine 04401. The City of Bangor has been operating public transportation since December 1972.
The Community Connector operates within the urbanized area of the six member communities. The routes are within walking distance of 75% of the population of the six communities. The service area covers 103 miles of roadway (measured one-way only).
Major Arterial services includes the following:
- Route 1A area of Hampden, Bangor, and Brewer
- Route 2 area of Old Town, Orono, Veazie, and Bangor
- Route 15 area of Bangor and Brewer
- Route 222 area in Bangor
- Route 9 area in Brewer
The Community Connector provides service system-wide Monday through Friday. Saturday service is offered for all routes. No Sunday service is provided. The basic hours of operation are from 6:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. The first time that all routes converge at the downtown Bangor depot is 6:45 a.m. The final time all buses converge is 5:15 p.m. with most converging finally at 5:45 p.m.
The Community Connector owns a total of 22 transit vehicles. The motorbus fleet is 100 percent wheelchair lift equipped. In FY 2008, BAT Community Connector provided 814,643 rides, covered 590,855 vehicle revenue miles with 3,311,545 passenger miles, and operated 40,156 vehicle revenue hours using 14 active vehicles. This translates into 20.29 passengers per vehicle revenue hour, 209 passengers per day per vehicle, or 2654 passengers per day.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(Please note: offices are not open on holidays when buses are running)
Sign up to receive an e-mail notification of a service cancellation
2020 Observed Holidays
New Year’s Day
Wednesday, January 1
Monday, May 25
Saturday, July 4
Monday, September 7
Thursday, November 26
Friday, December 25
The Black Bear Orono Express follows the University of Maine’s break schedule. To view specific holiday information for the Black Bear Orono Express, please click here.