CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) : BANGOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
The City of Bangor and the Bangor International Airport is pleased to announce an opening for Customer Service Representative. This is a skilled, technical and highly responsible position providing services for the airport's customers. Incumbent is responsible for maintaining aircraft services/scheduling software for the airport, coordinating aircraft arrivals/departures with required agencies and companies, arranging catering, hotel and car reservations, operating courtesy vehicle and daily customer service duties associated with flights coming into BGR. This employee is responsible for servicing a variety of aircraft and frequently works independently.
Inputs data and services into FBO One software system. Periodically reconciles flight information within this system.
- Processes credit cards, obtaining credit approvals and authorization to fuel.
- Dispatches fuel orders and service requests to ramp attendants.
- Advises crews and passengers on facilities and services available at the airport and greater Bangor area.
- Coordinates the services and activities needed for aircraft passenger/crew handling with other airport divisions, Government Agencies, vendors and concessionaires.
- Receives and directs aircraft to ramp parking areas via Unicom radio.
- Answers telephone; meet and greet guests and customers.
- Sets up catering requests, ground transportation and other general services requested by customers.
- Accounting responsibilities to include reconciliation of cash sales and making deposits.
- Updates daily aircraft schedule.
- Assists with the daily reconciling of fuel tickets and invoices.
- Completes sales vouchers for general sales items.
- Assists with handling and proper disposal of international trash.
- Operates follow-me vehicle.
- Arranges and assists with the supervision of ad-hoc flights requiring passenger check-in and security screening.
- Operates 14-passenger shuttle van, on and off site (when required).
- Participates in Airport, FAA and Airline seminars and/or training sessions as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Congenial, cooperative personality with a customer oriented attitude.
- Familiar with materials and equipment used in aircraft servicing.
- Ability to work with FBO One flight tracking software and input flight services and data.
- Ability to recognize aircraft types and their servicing requirements.
- Ability to drive around aircraft and support equipment.
- Ability to identify a variety of fuel company credit cards and understand the specific requirements of each.
- Able to pass a ten-year background check, and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations for Federal Inspection Services for passengers and cargo.
- Working knowledge of the equipment utilized in passenger flight operations. (i.e. jetways, conveyor systems, airport paging system, etc.)
- Become qualified as a Passenger Charter Security Screener (PCSS) within 6 months.
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Education and Experience:
- Valid State of Maine driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High school, G.E.D. or Vocational School graduate, preferred.
- Prior office and customer service experience.
- Experience with cash and credit card transactions.
Incumbent is responsible for customer service for the Passenger Service division and may work independently, making decisions and taking action to achieve the desired results. Incumbent performs duties according to general and specialized instructions from the supervisor and applicable Federal regulations. Care and skill is required to operate equipment and to ensure safety to self and others.
Reports directly to Passenger Services Supervisor.
Moderate physical exertion is regularly expended by incumbent in the completion of required duties including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing and pulling.
Incumbent performs duties both in and out-of-doors in varying weather conditions, and is frequently exposed to excessive noise, fuel fumes. Safety precautions must be observed at all times to ensure personnel safety and the safety of others. These positions require the candidate to pass a fingerprint based criminal history check. Bangor International Airport complies with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) drug and alcohol testing policy.
Pay range is $16.83 to 22.63 per hour.
A completed City of Bangor application and resume may be sent to the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401. Applications and resume by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, are appreciated or use our new online/mobile-friendly application: City of Bangor - Application for Employment (Page 1 of 7) (office.com).
Equal Opportunity Employer