Master Electrician Traffic Inspector – Public Works Department
Are you looking for a job with stability, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and genuine work-life balance? If this sounds interesting, the City of Bangor Public Works Department may have just the opportunity you have been looking for!
The City of Bangor Public Works Department is seeking qualified applicants to fill an opening for a Master Electrician Traffic Inspector providing guidance and expertise regarding traffic signals to the Electrical Division Supervisor. The successful candidate will provide electrical support for city-owned properties and initiatives. The successful candidate will have:
• A Master Electrician license
• Experience leading crews on the jobsite
• Experience installing and programming controls
• Networking experience – modem, radio, wireless, wired, and fiber
• Traffic signal experience preferred
This is a working lead role where you will use your electrical training and experience to install and maintain traffic signals/signal control devices, helping to ensure the smooth flow of traffic around the City of Bangor. The candidate will receive paid training and earn valuable certifications and knowledge to support building, installing, and repairing traffic signals and signal control devices. Certifications by IMSA are the international standard for safe installation, operation and maintenance of public safety systems and would be a plus.
The benefits of working for the City of Bangor include:
• Competitive Pay: The starting wage for a Master Electrician Traffic Inspector in a working lead role is $27.03 - $36.27 per hour, depending on experience.
o Required Traffic Signal Certifications (4 levels of certification) each earn additional hourly pay
o You are also eligible for up to a 5% annual merit increase until you reach the top step of your pay range
o Currently the Traffic Inspector Master Electrician position with all certifications tops out at $37.27/hour
• Opportunity for advancement within the department and within the city
• Paid Vacations – up to 2 weeks in the first year
• Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays/year
• Sick days – up to 15 paid sick days/year
• Bonus Days – earn bonus days for not using sick time
• Paid jury duty
• Up to 2 wks/yr paid training for National Guard or Armed Forces Reserve members
• Defined Contribution retirement plan (MissionSquare Retirement/ICMA-RC) with 140% city match to your contribution
• Additional tax deferred contribution plan to invest for retirement
• Multiple Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options available. City pays up to 80% of medical plan premiums.
• Paid Long Term Disability coverage
• Schedule: Employees may work either 5 eight-hour shifts, with Saturday and Sunday off, or 4 ten-hour shifts with Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon off. In an emergency you may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Paid training to earn certifications
• Paid licensing fees
• Paid educational opportunities may be available for the right candidate
• We supply your tools, equipment, work vehicle, and Personal Protective Equipment
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for you can download an application at https://www.bangormaine.gov/employ. The application can be printed and filled out or can be filled out and saved electronically.
Applications and resumes must be received at the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401 or may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . This position will remain open to applications until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY