Journeyman Electrician – Public Works Department
Are you looking for a job with stability, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and genuine work-life balance? If this sounds interesting, the City of Bangor Public Works Department may have just the opportunity you have been looking for!
The City of Bangor Public Works Department is seeking qualified applicants to fill an opening for a Journeyman Electrician. The successful candidate will provide electrical support for city-owned properties and initiatives.
In this position you will have the opportunity to expand your electrical training. Available classes in traffic management and traffic signals/signal control devices help to ensure the smooth flow of traffic around the City of Bangor. The candidate will receive paid training and earn valuable certifications and knowledge to prepare for building and repairing traffic signals and signal control devices. Certifications by IMSA are the international standard for safe installation, operation and maintenance of public safety systems and would be a plus.
The benefits of working for the City of Bangor include:
• Competitive Pay: The starting wage for a Journeyman Electrician position, is $22.81 - $30.55 per hour, depending on experience.
o Traffic Signal Certifications available (4 levels of certification) each earn additional hourly pay
o You are also eligible for up to a 5% annual merit increase until you reach the top step of your pay range
o Currently the Journeyman Electrician position with all certifications tops out at $31.10/hour
• Paid Vacations – up to 2 weeks in the first year
• Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays/year
• Sick days – up to 15 paid sick days/year
• Bonus Days – earn bonus days for not using sick time
• Paid jury duty
• Up to 2 wks/yr paid training for National Guard or Armed Forces Reserve members
• Defined Contribution retirement plan (MissionSquare Retirement) with 140% city match to your contribution
• Additional tax deferred contribution plan to invest for retirement
• Multiple Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options available. City pays up to 80% of medical plan premiums.
• Paid Long Term Disability coverage
• Schedule: Employees may work either 5 eight-hour shifts, with Saturday and Sunday off, or 4 ten-hour shifts with Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon off. In an emergency you may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Paid training to earn certifications
• Paid licensing fees
• Paid educational opportunities may be available for the right candidate
• We supply your tools, equipment, work vehicle, and Personal Protective Equipment
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for you can download an application at https://www.bangormaine.gov/employ. The application can be printed and filled out or can be filled out and saved electronically.
Applications and resumes must be received at the Human Resources Office, Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401 or may be sent via email to email@example.com. This position will remain open for applications until filled.
Equal opportunity employer
CLICK HERE TO APPLY