Community Connector Half Cash Fare Program
Riders eligible for half fare must board bus with Half Fare ID card and $0.75 fare.
Who is eligible?
1. Senior citizens 60 years old or older.
2. Persons with a Medicare card.
3. Persons on SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance).
4. Persons with valid ADA Paratransit ID card.
5. Persons with limited mobility.
Where do I get a Half Fare Card?
At your local City Hall or Town Office:
• Bangor City Hall, 73 Harlow Street, Bangor
• Brewer City Hall, 80 N. Main Street, Brewer
• Hampden Town Office, 106 Western Avenue, Hampden
• Old Town City Hall, 265 Main Street, Old Town
• Orono Town Office, 59 Main Street, Orono
• Veazie Town Office, 1084 Main Street, Veazie
What do I need to bring with me?
1. Photo ID (60 years or older) to verify identity.
2. Medicare card bring that and photo ID (if you have Medicare).
3. SSDI verification and Photo ID (if you have SSDI).
4. ADA Paratransit ID card and Photo ID (if you qualify for ADA Paratransit).
For Info and Schedules
The friendly people at
the Community Connector are happy to help you with all your questions. Call our
information number at 992-4670 to find out how to get where you want to go. Ask
the driver to help you locate your stop. For a copy of the bus schedule, call
992-4670, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. The office is located
at 475 Maine Avenue, Bangor, ME 04401.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
(Please note: offices are not open on holidays when buses are running)
Sign up to receive an e-mail notification of a service cancellation
2021 Observed Holidays
New Year’s Day
Friday, January 1
Monday, May 31
Monday, September 6
Thursday, November 25
Saturday, December 25
The Black Bear Orono Express follows the University of Maine’s break schedule. To view specific holiday information for the Black Bear Orono Express, please click here.