Historic Preservation Commission
The Historic Preservation Commission convenes when necessary to:
- Review all new construction and building alterations within its jurisdiction to determine if locally listed historic sites will be affected;
- Review all proposed National Register nominations for properties within its jurisdiction;
- Conduct or cause to be conducted a continuing survey of cultural resources in the community according to the guidelines established by the Maine Historic Preservation Commission;
- Act in an advisory role to other officials and departments of the City regarding the protection of local cultural resources;
- Act as a liaison on behalf of the City to individuals and organizations concerned with historic preservation, and;
- Work toward the continuing education of citizens within the Commission’s jurisdiction regarding preservation issues and concerns.
Click here to download a Historic Preservation application to be submitted to the commission
Bangor Architectural Survey: Phase II (2023)
Presented to the Historical Preservation Commission on February 9, 2023.
PUBLIC NOTICE - 2022 Architectural Survey - 9/16/2022
Click here to view the full size PDF of this notice.