Absentee & Early Voting
Absentee ballots can be requested
- by the voter by calling 992-4200
- in writing by the voter or immediate family member
- in person by visiting the City Clerk's office
- electronically by clicking here Please note this service is only for currently registered voters. Accessible ballots for voters with a disability that makes it difficult to use a paper ballot are available through this link.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot without a reason for the November 7, 2023 Election is the close of business on Thursday, November 2, 2023.
After this deadline, voters may request an absentee ballot by completing and signing a Special Circumstances Application.
One the Application the voter must indicate which of the four allowable reasons to request an absentee ballot after the deadline applies to them, as follows:
1. Unexpected absence from the municipality during the entire time the polls are open on Election Day; or
2. Physical disability; or
3. Incapacity or illness that has resulted in the voter being unable to leave home or a treatment facility; or
4. Inability to travel to the polls if the voter is a resident of a coastal island ward or precinct.
If you have any questions, call the City Clerk's office at 992-4220.
Where is my absentee ballot? Check the status of your absentee ballot request by clicking here.