A Special Municipal Election will be held on Tuesday, June 14, 2022, to fill a vacant seat on the City Council.
Nomination Petitions for the June 14, 2022 Special Municipal Election will be available beginning March 7, 2022.
Nomination Petitions may be returned between March 16, 2022 and April 5, 2022.
City Councilors and Superintending School Committee members are elected at-large for three-year terms. Anyone interested in becoming a candidate must collect signatures from registered voters in Bangor through a petition process.
For the November 2021 Election there are 3 City Council seats and 2 School Committee seats open.
Nomination Petitions for City Council and School Committee
MAY BE TAKEN OUT:
August 4, 2021 (90 days before Election Day)
MAY BE RETURNED:
No Sooner Than:
August 16, 2021 (80 Days before Election Day)
No Later Than:
September 3, 2021 (60 Days before Election Day)
IF YOU ARE A PETITION CIRCULATOR YOU MUST:
1. Be a REGISTERED VOTER of the City of Bangor
2. Personally witness each signature signed on Petition and Attest to that fact IN THE PRESENCE OF A NOTARY PUBLIC (on the reverse side of each petition, before filing with the clerk)
3. Be aware that the only valid signature is from a voter that is Registered to Vote in Bangor
4. Be aware that a Voter may sign only once for each candidate, and may only sign for as many candidates as there are positions available (1 council vacancy = 1 candidate that voter can sign a petition for)
5. Return individual sheets for verification between August 16th & September 3rd.
73 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
First floor, City Hall
Monday – Friday; 8AM – 4:30 PM