Absentee & Early Voting
Absentee ballots can be requested
- by the voter by calling 992-4200
- in writing by the voter or immediate family member
- in person by visiting the City Clerk's office
- electronically by clicking here Please note this service is only for currently registered voters. Accessible ballots for voters with a disability that makes it difficult to use a paper ballot are available through this link.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot without a reason for the November 8, 2022 General Election is the close of business on Thursday, November 3, 2022.
After this deadline, voters may request an absentee ballot by completing and signing a Special Circumstances Application.
One the Application the voter must indicate which of the four allowable reasons to request an absentee ballot after the deadline applies to them, as follows:
1. Unexpected absence from the municipality during the entire time the polls are open on Election Day; or
2. Physical disability; or
3. Incapacity or illness that has resulted in the voter being unable to leave home or a treatment facility; or
4. Inability to travel to the polls if the voter is a resident of a coastal island ward or precinct.
If you have any questions, call the City Clerk's office at 992-4220.
Where is my absentee ballot? Check the status of your absentee ballot request by clicking here.