Voter Registration & Elections
Primary Election - June 14, 2022
Gubernatorial Election and Municipal Election - November 8, 2022
All voters will vote at the Cross Insurance Center. Polls will be open 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Ranked Choice Voting Information
Where do I vote?
All Bangor voters vote at the Cross Insurance Center, 515 Main Street, Bangor.
How can I get to the polls?
Did you know... you can ride on the Community Connector bus for free to the Cross Insurance Center to vote on Election Day? The Hampden bus can get you there and back. The Hampden bus departs Pickering Square at :15 past the hour and will arrive at the Cross Insurance Center at :23 past the hour. To return to downtown Bangor, riders can ride the bus from Hollywood Casino (across the street from the Cross Insurance Center). The bus is in the Hollywood Casino vicinity around :55 past the hour heading towards downtown Bangor. Just make sure to inform the bus driver that you will be going to vote and returning from voting and your ride will be free.
When can I vote?
Besides Election Day, Bangor voters can vote early by absentee ballot . Applications for an absentee ballot will be available 90 days prior to the election. Absentee ballots will be available 30 days prior to Election Day.
Election Day voting is held at the Cross Insurance Center, 515 Main Street. Polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Where can I register to vote?
Voter Registration is available for new voters or for existing Bangor voters to change their address or name as follows:
- At the Cross Insurance Center on Election Day
- At the City Clerk's office during regular business hours
- At the Cross Insurance Center during Early Voting
I need an absentee ballot, how do I request one?
To request an absentee ballot:
- call the City Clerk's office at 992-4200
- write the City Clerk, 73 Harlow St., Bangor
- visit the City Clerk's office during regular business hours
- electronically, click here Please note this service is available only to current registered voters and when a state election is being held at the same time as the city election. Use this link to obtain an accessible ballot if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to use a paper ballot.
To expedite your application, consider using the online absentee ballot application administered by the Secretary of State. This service is only available during State and Federal Elections.
Can I review the ballots ahead of time?
Yes! Sample ballots will be available 30 days prior to the election.
The State of Maine provides a tool to look up voter information, including samples ballots: http://www.maine.gov/portal/government/edemocracy/voter_lookup.php
Where can I review the election results?
Click here to view the Election Results